Receive your orders or get your money back!
With over 50 payment methods available
Bourns¨ Pro Audio knurled shaft Long Life potLINEAR Taper, 3/8 shaft height, US thread, ± 15% tolerance. For Volume control applications.
HOW TO CHOOSE A POTENTIOMETER?
Selecting the right potentiometer can be a daunting task as there are so many options to choose from. Don't worry, we're here to help! Below are the things that you need to consider
- Shaft diametercanMETRIC (8 mm)orUS (9.5 mm). Usually Asian-made guitars like Ibanez, Epiphone, Squier or entry to mid level guitars have metric-spec stock potentiometers. If you will change the pots to CTS, then you may need to widen the hole to accommodate the shaft diameter of the CTS pots.
- Shaft heightcan be 1/4", 3/8", or 3/4"
- 1/4inch has the shortest shaft height and used for guitars with pickguard like Strat or Jazzmaster or with control plate like telecaster or Jazz Bass.
- 3/8inch is used for guitarswhere pots are installed on the wood top likeAsian-made Les Pauls and non-pickguard superstrats.
- 3/4inch, the longest shaft are used on guitars that have thick tops like vintage Gibson Les Pauls.
- Shaft texture- can besplit shaftorsolid shaft. Split shaft is used for no-screw knobs while solid shaft can work only with knobs that have screw. Generally you can use split shaft. Solid shaft are mostly used for telecasters and jazz bass where the knobs have screw
- Taper- this is how gradual the resistance change as you turn the knob
- Linear taperas the name suggest changes resistance exactly how the knob turns. When the potentiometer is in the middle position, the resistance value is also at the half mark. This is usually used in volume control.
- Audio taperor custom tapers gradually change the resistance value and almost abruptly opens up when you are near 10. This is very useful if you're working with drive to control the clean up. Audio taper can be used for Volume and Tone.